Johnson Controls COVID-19 information
Details for customers, suppliers and visitors
Letter to all Johnson Controls customers from George Oliver, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- We are ensuring that our teams are available to support and meet the needs of our customers by implementing local and regional contingency plans across the globe.
- Our offices, branches and manufacturing facilities remain open and operate business as usual with increased sanitation practices and restricted visitor policies except where prohibited by law.
- We restricted all unnecessary travel that isn’t business or customer-critical to minimize risk to our employees in the course of their daily work and in support for public health efforts to contain the virus.
- We activated an Enterprise Command Team that monitors the situation 24/7 to ensure we have a real-time assessment of developing events and mitigates any potential impact.
- We have encouraged our office-based employees to work from home to minimize risk of exposure and disruption. While this is a change for many employees, I’m encouraged by examples I’ve seen of incredible virtual collaboration and productivity for customers amongst our distributed colleagues.
We advance the safety, comfort and intelligence of your buildings to help you achieve your mission—and our commitment to that is stronger than ever. While COVID-19 is an unprecedented situation, I am inspired and incredibly proud of our employees who continue to serve our customers and communities. On behalf of our employees, we are more committed than ever to supporting you during this difficult time. We will continue to monitor the situation and are prepared to respond promptly as it changes.
We wish for your continued health and safety and appreciate the ability to serve you.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Johnson Controls is committed to the health and safety of all employees, customers, partners and the communities we serve. As the situation around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continues to evolve it is important that we are prepared to manage the impact of the virus.
Johnson Controls is actively implementing local and regional contingency plans across the globe to ensure that our teams are available to support and meet the needs of our customers and other stakeholders, while ensuring our employees’ health and safety remains a priority.
We are continuing to monitor the situation and are prepared to respond promptly as the situation changes, and therefore the plans outlined in this document will be continually reviewed and updated as needed.
COVID-19 Business Continuity Survey Memos
As the global COVID-19 situation develops, communication between Johnson Controls and our supply base is even more important than ever. Finding ways to work together will lessen the business impact of the crisis.
It is particularly critical that we know each supplier’s ability to fulfill orders and support future demand. We have created an online survey to help us better understand our suppliers’ current status, as well as assess future risk.
Follow this link to learn why our procurement leadership is requesting supplier cooperation. You’ll also find links to access the survey in several languages.
Johnson Controls Visitor Information
The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has become headline news around the globe and whilst the risk of contracting the virus in areas away from known affected areas is relatively low, there is still a risk. Johnson Controls employees are located in all regions of the world and to meet our commitment to the health and safety of all employees, contractors and visitors at our facilities we have implemented a number of additional proactive and precautionary measures to minimise the potential for exposure.
Click on the link below to download the letter that explains the measures implemented and the expectations for all workers and visitors at Johnson Controls sites.